Last updated: 27th May 2018
Structurizr Limited ("us", "we", or "our") operates this website. This page tells you what data we collect and how it's used. By using this website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
See Security for information about security, including where and how your data is stored.
Personally identifiable information
Like most other websites, we collect your name, e-mail address and a password during the sign up process as a way to identify you. You can optionally provide us details of your time zone too, which will be used to display dates and times (e.g. "workspace last modified" timestamps) in your own time zone, rather than UTC. These details will not be sold or shared with third-parties for marketing purposes.
When you use this website, we record some information about important events related to your user account or workspaces; including:
- User account events: signed up, account verified, signed in, sign in failed, account locked, password changed, forgot password requested, user type changed (e.g. free to paid plan), on-premises installation downloaded.
- Workspace events: created, deleted, read via API, written via API, failed API authentication, API key/secret pair regenerated, visibility changed (public, shareable, private).
These audit logs are created to help us with security, and to allow us to diagnose certain categories of problems (e.g. a user cannot sign in, or verify their account). Your IP address is also a part of these audit logs.
Use of your e-mail address
Unless you explicitly opt-in to receive marketing e-mails (when modifying your user profile), we will only send you the following types of e-mails:
- User account events: sign up confirmation, account verification, password reset, password change, e-mail address change, account locked, etc.
- Payment events: trial activation, purchase confirmation, subscription payment confirmation, subscription cancellation, etc.
- Workspace events: Addition of user to a workspace, etc.
- Other: Essential service information (e.g. service unavailability, breaking changes to the Structurizr API, etc).
We also use your e-mail address to lookup your Gravatar, which you can enable/disable by using the tickbox in your user profile.
We use Google Analytics to track website usage, inbound links, etc. You can find more information about this at How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps. You can choose to opt-out of Google Analytics.
We also use Pingdom to collect information about uptime and user response time metrics.
Here are the cookies that you'll typically see created by this website.
- SESSION: This is a session ID created when you visit the website. Once logged in, this cookie is used to recognise you between requests.
- _cfduid: A CloudFlare cookie, used for security purposes.
- taxamo.country_code: A cookie created by Taxamo when it identifies your country for tax purposes when displaying pricing, to comply with EU VAT rules introduced in January 2015.
- structurizr.username: Used to remember your e-mail address on the sign in page (optional).
- structurizr.hideDiagramEditorIntroduction: Used to remember whether you'd like to hide the diagram editor introduction.
- structurizr.hideExpressIntroduction: Used to remember whether you'd like to hide the Structurizr Express introduction.
The right to erasure (the right to be forgotten)
If you would like to delete your user account, please contact us.